Tuesday, May 1, 2007

DEPRESSED

1st April

Depressed

The work roster is one with minimal breaks and has been for the last couple of weeks. As the work starts to take its toll on me my back starts to give me trouble. I suffer with sciatica. This is a nerve problem which was initially caused by a horse riding accident many years ago where I fractured 3 vertebrae in my lower back. The pain that occurs from this is agony and debilitating at its worst. I have not had any problem with this for a couple of years until now. Working in pain is the pits and I have been on pain killers which are very strong but I am still limping like and old woman as the pain grabs me through my right buttock and shoots down the back of my leg. I am depressed and miserable and am almost ready to pack my bags and leave as I know it’s the work that has caused the onset again. I persist for almost 2 weeks and then go to the doctor for a certificate to have a few days off as I just can’t work like this for another day.
When I return to work I am feeling in better spirits but the pain is still there although has started to settle down and continues to settle right down in the coming week until I am off of the pain killers. I just hope that it does not return again before I am ready to leave.

No comments: