
17 May
RESIGNATION HANDED IN
Yesterday was my last day but I am not leaving until the 28th May. In this time I will be concentrating on photographing Kata Tjuta (the olgas) and getting my things in order ready to travel again. I have decided not to go back to the Oodnadatta track at this stage as it will cost too much and hope to get back in there at a later date. I have not accumulated any extra possessions apart from a tv which I will give to my friend Jo. My going away party is on the 26th and so is my birthday so it will be a double celebration. I am looking forward to it but don’t want to say goodbye to all my new friends but am certainly happy to say goodbye to that job of mine.
Today I drove to Kata Tjuta this is about 55km from Yulara and there are 2 walks out here one is the Valley of the winds about 3.5 hours walk and the other is the walpa Gorge Walk which is about 1.5 hours. I managed both and then stuck around for sunset. I found a really nice quiet spot away from the main sunset viewing area to set up my camera. I kept thinking I was going to busted by a park ranger as my car was just parked on the side of the road where it shouldn’t have been. I had a great afternoon and was the last person to leave after dark. Whilst rushing back through the bush to my car I stepped in a rabbit hole and twisted my ankle. Shit, shit, shit that bloody hurt but no major damage done. That will teach me to be to lazy to get the torch out. Lucky it wasn’t a wombat hole. I don’t even know if they get wombats out here.
RESIGNATION HANDED IN
Yesterday was my last day but I am not leaving until the 28th May. In this time I will be concentrating on photographing Kata Tjuta (the olgas) and getting my things in order ready to travel again. I have decided not to go back to the Oodnadatta track at this stage as it will cost too much and hope to get back in there at a later date. I have not accumulated any extra possessions apart from a tv which I will give to my friend Jo. My going away party is on the 26th and so is my birthday so it will be a double celebration. I am looking forward to it but don’t want to say goodbye to all my new friends but am certainly happy to say goodbye to that job of mine.
Today I drove to Kata Tjuta this is about 55km from Yulara and there are 2 walks out here one is the Valley of the winds about 3.5 hours walk and the other is the walpa Gorge Walk which is about 1.5 hours. I managed both and then stuck around for sunset. I found a really nice quiet spot away from the main sunset viewing area to set up my camera. I kept thinking I was going to busted by a park ranger as my car was just parked on the side of the road where it shouldn’t have been. I had a great afternoon and was the last person to leave after dark. Whilst rushing back through the bush to my car I stepped in a rabbit hole and twisted my ankle. Shit, shit, shit that bloody hurt but no major damage done. That will teach me to be to lazy to get the torch out. Lucky it wasn’t a wombat hole. I don’t even know if they get wombats out here.
No comments:
Post a Comment