Saturday, March 31, 2007

LAKE EYRE IN FLOOD

Lake Eyre in flood

At the moment I am trying to research some information about Lake Eyre and the best way into the area, road conditions and distance etc etc…if anyone has any info they can pass on to me it would be appreciated. I do not have any maps of this region on hand and am doing my best to try and track some down in the next 2 weeks or so as I am planning a trip out there in a few weeks time before I leave Yalara. It is in flood at the moment which is a rare sight. This is one spot I was going to go into on the way out here but because of the heat I decided to leave it for a while and am glad I did as now I can see it teaming with bird life.

No comments: