11 May
Its time to move on
Less than 4 weeks to go before I pull up stumps and head up to Katherine and then over to El Questro. I have just handed in my notice and am looking forward to moving on. We had drinks for a couple of my Korean friends that have now left and it was sad saying goodbye. I have so many email addresses to add to my contacts and from such a diverse group of people. People I work with and met when I started and people I meet through my travels. This is just a fantastic way of making new friends and meeting people you possibly may never see again but will still stay in touch with from time to time to see how they are and were the crazy path of life has taken them and who knows maybe one day our paths will cross again. From helicopter pilots to housekeepers its such a mixed bag and they are all fantastic people.
Before I move on I am heading out to the Oodnadatta Track again to finish what I started. I didn’t get to see everything and so am heading back there in 2 weeks for about a week before coming back here to Yulara for a week to sort all my gear out and leave. All round its been a great experience here and I was privileged to be here when it rained and to be able to photograph Uluru in the rain. It was an experience I will never forget and to date the best I have had and coming a close second was the encounter with the Dingos in the painted desert. I am living my dream and no its not been perfect nothing ever is but its as close to it as I can get.
2 comments:
I adore reading your blog and seeing the fantastic images you’re capturing. I’m just so pleased that you are in a place that you have always dreamed of being in.
You have been blessed with an amazing talent and I quite often forward your link to my English friends who were in Oz with me (we all worked at Colonial together) and admire the works you have done.
I do hope that one day; your passion takes you abroad and that you could take some shots of Europe and UK – especially UK’s diverse coastline (my favourite place in the world)!
Thanks T appreciate it. Stay happy mate.
Post a Comment