Thursday, May 31, 2007

STILL HERE


STILL HERE
31st May
Dramas… dramas…… dramas, the last blog I wrote was written before I went to pick up my car from the mechanic. I should have waited as I have been held due to a couple of repairs that need doing, the flange gasket and the drive belts need replacing. It seems to getting more and more expensive at every service. This mechanic came highly recommended but charged me get this $380 for a service. I was not impressed and questioned why it cost so much. They even charged me for writing out the little sticker that goes on the bloody windscreen and the mechanic had to go and pick up a fuel filter apparently and I got slogged for the time it took him to drive to get it. I thought they had couriers for that. I threatened them with consumer affairs well actually Derek another mechanic that came with me and a friend of Harrys threatened the manager and boy did he get stroppy. He was in Dereks face with his finger and I thought they were going to have a fight. This manager couldn’t manage a root in a brothel. About the only thing good that came out of it was they found a couple of problems that need attention Derek is now going to do them for me probably at a third of the price that this mob would have charged. Anyway I am now stuck in Alice for tonight staying at Derek and his wifes house tonight and getting the car repaired tomorrow being Friday. I am not sure if I will get away tomorrow arvo or stay another night somewhere and leave on Saturday. I hope to get away tomorrow arvo. Another good thing that came out of staying the extra night at Ormiston last night was I got some beautiful shots of ghost gums with the moon coming up over the horizon. What a beautiful place it is!!!

No comments: