Tuesday, March 20, 2007

GETTING MOTIVATED

19th March
GETTING MOTIVATED

Because of the cooler weather I have started riding my mountain bike again. Before I could do this I had to clean it and boy what a task that was. All the gears were caked with dirt from the roads I went out on to get to redbank gorge a few weeks ago. 3 lots of turps and a gas mask later I have the bike fairly clean. I have now ridden out on the Lassiters highway toward the Rock twice and because its been after work I have not been able to go all the way as its starts to get to dark. Last night I was lucky enough to see an amazing sunset as I was heading back to Yalara. I found a sand dune with a great vantage to the rock which I had seen the night before. As the sun came down through the thick grey clouds I could see there was a small break and I knew that the sun would come out for a very short time when it reached this break. I stopped when I reached the dune and took my bike over the hill and I walked up the hill to the top and had a great view. It was so tranquil. A few minutes later the sun broke through and lit up one side of the rock and a rainbow formed over the other side of Ayers Rock. It was amazing but I didn’t have my cameras with me and so I cannot share it. This is what I live for, these experiences that many people will never see. This is what makes it all worth while.

No comments: