Thursday, June 14, 2007

VICTORIA RIVER


6th JUNE
VICTORIA RIVER
I am now in the Gregory National Park at Victoria River Roadhouse. I met a lady who works as a cook in the Roadhouse here in Katherine this morning and decided I would follow her out and stay there the night. Lou is travelling alone in her bus with her dog and is just picking up work were she decides she wants to stay for a while. There are many single women on the road and they all have their stories to tell. I am amazed what people do and how they come to be out here. The weather has been hot but bearable and the mornings and evenings are beautiful and cool with a breeze blowing generally. We sat around until quite late talking about our lives and what ultimately bought us to this point in our lives. This is a really nice spot to camp and if I didn’t have a plan in mind I would probably get work here and stay a while as they are looking for staff here. There is work everywhere out here so if your thinking of travelling don’t think about it just do it!

No comments: