Monday, June 4, 2007

SUZIES FIXED

JUNE 1st

Suzies fixed

Thanks to Derek the car is now ready to go by lunch time and he did for next to nothing and showed me the old parts that hed taken out and replaced. I thanked him for his hospitality and help and headed off. I went back into town and picked up some fresh food for the next leg of my journey and did some washing at the Laundromat before heading up the Sturat highway to Devils Marbles. It was well after lunch by the time I left Alice. I had about 4 hours of driving and estimated that I would arrive on dark. As the sun was coming down I passed a little place called Barrow Creek and there was the Old Telegraph Station. The light was beautiful as I passed so I had to turn around and stop. I quickly grabbed my cameras and headed over to an old building to grab the last light. I must have been there almost an hour and while I was shooting someone weirdo was whilsting at me from somewhere in the distance. I just ignored it and kept shooting thinking to myself this place is weird. So now it was dark and I still had over an hour of diving to do. I slowed my speed down to 90km/ph as it is dangerous out here with cattle and roos. It was a full moon so it was quite light anyhow. I arrived about 7.00pm and went for a drive to have a look around. I got out of the car and could here voices in the distance and thought there must be a camp ground somewhere. Getting back into the car I went in search of life and found the turn off to the camp ground. Crikey it was full there were people and vans everywhere. I turned around and headed out thinking im not staying in there its to busy and noisy and found a quiet spot to pull up and make myself some dinner. On the menu was lamb steaks mushrooms, sweet potato and fried tomato. Not bad for roughing I thought.

No comments: