Wednesday, June 6, 2007

EDITH FALLS


5th June
Up early I went back to the lookout for sunrise and saw the first boat leave for the brekkie cruise. I headed back to the canoe hire area and enquired about my options for the day. I was told about a very quiet spot across the other side of the river which was about a 45min walk in. I decided to do this one as the waterfalls were still flowing. I had to get a boat over to the other side and then follow the markers. The walk in was very ordinary but when I got to the other end it was worth it. There was a beautiful waterhole with a sandy beach area and a waterfall. It was awesome. After I took some photos I went for a swim and I was the only one there. The water was freezing and I had all sorts of fish swimming around me. (not as big as the barramundi). The largest would have been about 6 inches long. After the swim I headed back to grab another boat over to the other side. It is getting quite hot now about 35 degrees so walking in the morning is the go. After having a shower and checking my emails I headed out to Edith Falls which is about 100km north and still in the same national park. Edith Falls is spectacular and I decided to stay the night out there to go for another walk in the morning. There were no camp sites left so I decided to stay in the car park and at about 9.30 a ranger told me I had to leave. What a goose letting someone travel at this time of the night and there is no where to pull over or camp for 100km. Anyway I left and headed back to Katherine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been here and it did not look as good as this when I went. Beautifil Spot isnt it. Is this the top falls? That guy that moved you on was a goose.