Thursday, June 14, 2007

BUNGLE BUNGLES





14th June
Flat out like a lizard drinking

Crickey where do I start here I have so much to catch up on but cant write everything……well here goes……..With almost all the walks done in El Questro it was almost time to head back to Cununurra for work. While I was in the park out walking I met a lovely older couple Peter and Judith and they invited me to come to the Bungle Bungles with them for a few days. I decided to go with them and postpone heading back to Cununurra for a few more days. We decided that I would leave my car at Doon Doon Road house and then I would jump in their car for the rest of the journey into the Bungles. I left ahead of them and after missing my turn off and backtracking 60km to meet them we were on our way. This country is amazing and just gets better and better. We made camp the first evening in a really nice spot on the river across from the entrance into the Bungles. This is where Peter and Judith left their caravan as it is a really rough road into the bungles. We also met up with their other friends Jan and John. The next morning we were on our way in and after an hour and a half of driving through rivers and bends we were there. We did two of the walks on the first day in and camped in the campground there with our tents which was really nice. It was like a comedy show watching Peter and Judith trying to put up their tent which they had not used for some time. it must have taken them the good part of an hour to put it up and it still didn’t look quite right…anyway it didn’t fall down. We had a campfire and cooked potatoes in the coals. We did the other 2 walks the next morning. I had a great time with them. They were all really nice people. I felt like I had known Judith and Peter all my life. Its funny how sometimes you just click with people and I think Peter likes me because I laugh at his silly jokes. They were great hosts and looked after me like I was part of the family. We had many conversations on the way in to the bungles really getting to know each other. I learnt about caravanning and got some good tips on things that I need to buy to make things more comfortable and safer for me on the road. You guys are the best!!

Now I am back at Cununurra catching up on emails and getting a new Telstra sim card as there is no Optus coverage out here at all. Luckily I can keep my phone number. I have already got a couple of leads for work in town and will be following them up tomorrow. I have not stopped in the last week and a half and have seen some of the most amazing country ever.

No comments: