June 3rd
TENNANT CREEK
Up nice and early for sunrise before repacking the car and heading off to Tennant Creek. Now I had no idea what to expect of this place as I heard the worst from a few people and Derek confirmed this as well. I am now sitting in a little takeaway place called Top Of Town on the main drag and all is quiet apart from a couple of locals sitting out the front having coffee. The nice owner has let me hook into a power point so I can use my laptop on power not battery. I will be here for a while updating my blog and downloading images from the last couple of days before heading to Mataranka. I should get there late this afternoon if I don’t get side tracked. No sign of the bike riders yet…….. Speak of the devils they just walked into the cafĂ©. Andy and Darren. They said they had a quiet night here last night with no trouble but were looking forward to moving on tomorrow. On the road and it’s a long haul I suddenly saw all these hawks in the sky. There would have been about 100 of them circling. What the hell….as I approached closer I noticed gravel all over the road and thought a road train must have tried to avoid something and hit the dirt. Then suddenly I was in a swarm of grasshoppers and it scared the crap out if me. Then as quickly as I hit the swarm it was gone again and I realised the birds must have been diving to the ground to pick them up and that was why there was gravel all over the road as they were probably easier to catch from that spot. Very alert again I kept on driving.
No comments:
Post a Comment