Saturday, June 30, 2007

A NEW JOB

23RD JUNE
JOB

The weather has slowly improved but it,s very overcast and quite cool especially at night. Keep in mind at this time of the year the average temp out here is around 32 degrees and the last 4 days its been under 20 degrees during the day. All the roads around here are still closed and all the parks are full as people cannot leave unless their staying on the bitumen.

There is no work at this stage at El Questro. The Manager has emailed me and would be interested in talking to me for next season. I left the door open as I have no idea where I will be at this time next year but know that this is a huge area with so much to see that I would probably consider coming back anyway and plan B went into action. I have managed to get a job at Thrifty car rental company here in Kununurra in the office and when necessary cleaning a few cars. This is a small business but very busy at the moment and is owned by a really nice couple Rob and Maxine. Being a bit fussier has paid off as I didn’t want to do house keeping again in a real hurry. I start on Monday 25th and it’s a Monday to Friday job with the possibility of the occasional weekend. Thrown into the deal is cheap car maintenance as Rob is a Mechanic and has his business along side the rental cars. I thought this was a pretty good deal. I’m not sure how long I will be here for as I have no accommodation at this stage and am stuck in the tent indefinitely. I will just play it by ear as Maxine said that they were going to be renting their caravan out shortly when they upgrade and have said that I could have that cheap. I said that I would just wait and see what happened. I will be glad to start work as its been very boring in the last week due to the weather and me having to look for work I have been stuck in town. I cant even ride my bike at the moment until I get another wheel organised from Sydney. I hope to have her back in action in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: