Wednesday, February 28, 2007

WHERE THE HELL AM I

FEB19th
WHERE THE HELL AM I

Onward and upward to Alice Springs leaving Yalara just after lunch I decided to go on a little further to Alice Springs. A little further being 450km plus. I arrived in Alice late afternoon and wanted to go straight out to a gorge that I wanted to photograph called Ormiston Gorge. I filled up with fuel and headed straight out to my destination. By this time it was quite late and the sun was going down. I passed a turn off for Simpsons Gap and decided to go and check it out as the light was really nice for photography. What a great little spot and plenty of photo opportunities available but unfortunately I arrive a tad to late and had to hurry to get a couple of shots. Once it was dark I again headed to Ormiston. Driving Driving driving and no sign of the bloody gorge. I than arrived at a place called Hermansburg. Not knowing what to expect I turned in hoping I could find directions to where I was going. I pulled off the main road into this town and I thought I was driving into a scene from a Mad Max movie. Disgarded buildings rubbish everywhere broken windows and dogs wandering all over the place. A little apprehensive about where I was I decided it was time to get the hell out and back track as I had obviously missed a turn off. 70km later I found my turn and was relieved as it was getting close to midnight and I was tired and a little spooked. I had to pull into a rest area and get some sleep. It was a safe spot well away from the main road.

No comments: