
Saturday 10/2
SLIPPERY ROCKS
I left Thredbo yesterday morning and am heading to Echuca via the Murray Valley Highway. About 30km out of Thredbo there is a little place called Swampy Plains River which is a camp ground and I decided to stop there to see if I could get some shots of the river. I was wading through the water in search of a decent shot thinking to myself I better be careful because some the big pebbles were quite slippery. Now being a landscape photographer I know the risks involved and how to minimise them but sometimes you still think you can push the boundaries. Anyway I was navigating these boulders in my CROCS and yep you guessed it went over . Luckily I didn’t have my camera gear on me! I smashed my knee on a rock and got soaked. After a few curses I composed myself and when my knee stopped throbbing I had a bit of a laugh. I can hardly walk today or bend down. I did end up getting a few shots from that location and was very careful when I had the camera gear in tow.
Once I was back on the road I kept travelling all day with a pit stop once for coffee and supplies and a well earned stretch, then I kept travelling until I arrived at Echuca. This is a great little spot to explore but unfortunately I came on the wrong day as the town was all geared up for a big power boat race and all the yobbos were out in force. Finding a quiet place to camp was impossible as everyone else was doing the same thing. I had a terrible night sleep and struggled to get up for sunrise, you might be asking why get up that early well I wanted to photograph the historic wharf which I checked out when I arrived in town and realised it was a morning shot in the making. It was a beautiful morning and I got some great shots so my vigil was worth it. Heading to Burra today.
SLIPPERY ROCKS
I left Thredbo yesterday morning and am heading to Echuca via the Murray Valley Highway. About 30km out of Thredbo there is a little place called Swampy Plains River which is a camp ground and I decided to stop there to see if I could get some shots of the river. I was wading through the water in search of a decent shot thinking to myself I better be careful because some the big pebbles were quite slippery. Now being a landscape photographer I know the risks involved and how to minimise them but sometimes you still think you can push the boundaries. Anyway I was navigating these boulders in my CROCS and yep you guessed it went over . Luckily I didn’t have my camera gear on me! I smashed my knee on a rock and got soaked. After a few curses I composed myself and when my knee stopped throbbing I had a bit of a laugh. I can hardly walk today or bend down. I did end up getting a few shots from that location and was very careful when I had the camera gear in tow.
Once I was back on the road I kept travelling all day with a pit stop once for coffee and supplies and a well earned stretch, then I kept travelling until I arrived at Echuca. This is a great little spot to explore but unfortunately I came on the wrong day as the town was all geared up for a big power boat race and all the yobbos were out in force. Finding a quiet place to camp was impossible as everyone else was doing the same thing. I had a terrible night sleep and struggled to get up for sunrise, you might be asking why get up that early well I wanted to photograph the historic wharf which I checked out when I arrived in town and realised it was a morning shot in the making. It was a beautiful morning and I got some great shots so my vigil was worth it. Heading to Burra today.
No comments:
Post a Comment