
FEB 21
PREPARED FOR REDBANK GORGE
This time I knew what I had to do when I arrived at the spot. After the 30 min walk in over huge boulders and sand terrain I was there. I grabbed the bouy and this time I had my swimmers on. I proceeded to jump in the water and get wet first and then wrapped my camera up in a towel and put it in the garbage bag for added protection. My plan worked perfectly and I paddled into the entrance of the gorge and then climbed onto the rocks to set up my shots. This place is amazing i saw fish huge tadpoles and hundreds of frogs. While I was doing this another guy was floating over on a li lo with his camera. His name was Frans from Holland and he had the same idea as me. We ended up helping each other with our camera gear and went right into the gorge as far as we could go with our cameras. This gorge Is amazing and If you come out this way it is a must see. I really needed my tripod and couldn’t manage it so I will be back in the next few weeks. I managed to capture a couple of decent shots and we saw frogs and tadpoles and lots of fish which were only small about 4 or 5 inches long. Frans was travelling for a few months on his own around OZ. He was staying at Ormiston Gorge for a few days before moving on. Thanks for the help and the company Frans it was much appreciated. Frans was telling me that he got bogged in the Fink river bed the day before out near an aboriginal community. He had a fair walk to get to their house and had to get them to help him out of the creek bed after trying for quite some time to free himself. He is driving a holden commodore station wagon with no air conditioning in 40 degree heat. I told him he deserved a medal. I hope your trip is going well and try not to get bogged again Frans.
PREPARED FOR REDBANK GORGE
This time I knew what I had to do when I arrived at the spot. After the 30 min walk in over huge boulders and sand terrain I was there. I grabbed the bouy and this time I had my swimmers on. I proceeded to jump in the water and get wet first and then wrapped my camera up in a towel and put it in the garbage bag for added protection. My plan worked perfectly and I paddled into the entrance of the gorge and then climbed onto the rocks to set up my shots. This place is amazing i saw fish huge tadpoles and hundreds of frogs. While I was doing this another guy was floating over on a li lo with his camera. His name was Frans from Holland and he had the same idea as me. We ended up helping each other with our camera gear and went right into the gorge as far as we could go with our cameras. This gorge Is amazing and If you come out this way it is a must see. I really needed my tripod and couldn’t manage it so I will be back in the next few weeks. I managed to capture a couple of decent shots and we saw frogs and tadpoles and lots of fish which were only small about 4 or 5 inches long. Frans was travelling for a few months on his own around OZ. He was staying at Ormiston Gorge for a few days before moving on. Thanks for the help and the company Frans it was much appreciated. Frans was telling me that he got bogged in the Fink river bed the day before out near an aboriginal community. He had a fair walk to get to their house and had to get them to help him out of the creek bed after trying for quite some time to free himself. He is driving a holden commodore station wagon with no air conditioning in 40 degree heat. I told him he deserved a medal. I hope your trip is going well and try not to get bogged again Frans.
No comments:
Post a Comment