Monday 12th/2
KM after KM
Travelled from Burra to a roadhouse called Glendambo and this is where I stopped for the night, the temperature is on the rise the terrain is flat and boring. The distance between towns is becoming further and further apart. I have attached a couple of shots to give you an idea what its like out here. The salt lakes are the only interesting thing that stands out from the baron landscape. The flies are unbelievable.I should get to Uluru late tomorrow afternoon.
Tuesday 13th feb
WELCOME TO COOBER PEDY
A huge stretch of road between Glendambo and Coober Pedy 250 KM. I was up at the crack of dawn and when I arrived at Coober Pedy I thought I would stop and fill up again before I went on. It was about 9am when I arrived and nothing could have prepared me for this town. I filled the car with gas and locked the door. I then took a drive down the main street to see if I could pick a some supplies. I was not game to leave my car. I then went back to the road house and parked to get a coffee. I went in and asked for a coffee and the attendant asked me if I wanted to have it there and I said yes he then said are you alone and I said yes. He said your car may not be there when you go out and I said are you serious he said yes. I got the coffee to go and got the hell out of there as fast as I could. This guy had been there for 15 months helping his uncle out as he hurt himself in a mining accident. I asked him how he survived that long out there and he said you just work and try not to think about it to much. He was from Melbourne and couldn’t wait to get back. I wanted to take a couple of photos down the main street but was too scared to get my camera out. It just wasn’t worth the risk. I finally crossed the border late afternoon and decided to head to Kings Canyon first. The price of fuel has topped 150per litre up here. I am staying at a camp ground about 25km out from the resort which is great and I can recommend it as cheap clean and great facilities. I AM ABSOLUTELY EXHAUSTED
KM after KM
Travelled from Burra to a roadhouse called Glendambo and this is where I stopped for the night, the temperature is on the rise the terrain is flat and boring. The distance between towns is becoming further and further apart. I have attached a couple of shots to give you an idea what its like out here. The salt lakes are the only interesting thing that stands out from the baron landscape. The flies are unbelievable.I should get to Uluru late tomorrow afternoon.
Tuesday 13th feb
WELCOME TO COOBER PEDY
A huge stretch of road between Glendambo and Coober Pedy 250 KM. I was up at the crack of dawn and when I arrived at Coober Pedy I thought I would stop and fill up again before I went on. It was about 9am when I arrived and nothing could have prepared me for this town. I filled the car with gas and locked the door. I then took a drive down the main street to see if I could pick a some supplies. I was not game to leave my car. I then went back to the road house and parked to get a coffee. I went in and asked for a coffee and the attendant asked me if I wanted to have it there and I said yes he then said are you alone and I said yes. He said your car may not be there when you go out and I said are you serious he said yes. I got the coffee to go and got the hell out of there as fast as I could. This guy had been there for 15 months helping his uncle out as he hurt himself in a mining accident. I asked him how he survived that long out there and he said you just work and try not to think about it to much. He was from Melbourne and couldn’t wait to get back. I wanted to take a couple of photos down the main street but was too scared to get my camera out. It just wasn’t worth the risk. I finally crossed the border late afternoon and decided to head to Kings Canyon first. The price of fuel has topped 150per litre up here. I am staying at a camp ground about 25km out from the resort which is great and I can recommend it as cheap clean and great facilities. I AM ABSOLUTELY EXHAUSTED
No comments:
Post a Comment