
FEB 20
Harry runs the Ormiston Gorge camp ground and the kiosk there with his wife Maureen. I met him at the kiosk and we just hit it off straight away. I then bumped into him at Glen Helen resort having a drink at the bar and decided to have a drink with him. We spoke for ages and Harry now retired told me he was from Achuca the town I had travelled through earlier in my trip. They had travelled around Australia and happened upon this spot out here at Ormiston and Harry was offered the job by the previous person that was living out here and decided to take it on. He loves it out here and I can see why. Harry invited me for dinner with him and his wife and one of the staff members from Glen Helen Gorge resort for the next evening. As I had been living on tinned food for the last 3 days out here I thought a home cooked meal would be fantastic and accepted graciously.
Harry runs the Ormiston Gorge camp ground and the kiosk there with his wife Maureen. I met him at the kiosk and we just hit it off straight away. I then bumped into him at Glen Helen resort having a drink at the bar and decided to have a drink with him. We spoke for ages and Harry now retired told me he was from Achuca the town I had travelled through earlier in my trip. They had travelled around Australia and happened upon this spot out here at Ormiston and Harry was offered the job by the previous person that was living out here and decided to take it on. He loves it out here and I can see why. Harry invited me for dinner with him and his wife and one of the staff members from Glen Helen Gorge resort for the next evening. As I had been living on tinned food for the last 3 days out here I thought a home cooked meal would be fantastic and accepted graciously.
For more shots of Ormiston Gorge please go to my website www.juliefletcherphotography.com.au
No comments:
Post a Comment