Tuesday, November 13, 2007

WAKE BOARDING

SUN OCT 28TH

WAKE BOARDING

Today I was invited up the river for the day. There was a group of us that went up and we had lunch up on Sandy beach and went wakeboarding. I have never done this before but was keen to have a go. After several attempts and several inches added to my arms I managed to drag my arse out of the water and got up. Once I was up I was right and we went way up the river before a boat came past and I hit its wake and couldn’t keep my balance and did a nose dive into the water. I think I swallowed a litre of water throughout the course of the day trying to get up. I managed to get up 4 times but had to have regular breaks as my arms were so tired from all the other attempts I made. It was great fun and something I would like to do again if the opportunity arose. I found it a lot harder than water skiing which I have only tried a few times.

No comments: