







ON THE WAY TO BROOME
31st NOVEMBER
We were well on our way now although I was still debating within myself if I had the right thing I was in better spirits. Going the long way to Broome meant that I could stay on Bitumen almost the whole way apart from the section into Tunnel Creek and Windjana Gorge which bought me back out on to the last section of the Gibb river rd which was really good any way. We stopped at the Bungles in Rob’s car, Geike Gorge, Tunnel Creek and Windjana Gorge on the way through to Broome from Kununurra. I was worried about my bike getting full of dirt on the last leg from Fitzroy crossing to Derby and so I thought I would try an idea that was suggested to me by the bike shop owner in Darwin. I wrapped the bike in glad wrap and then taped it up and hoped that it would hold but it didn’t work. He obviously hadn’t been on any serious dirt roads using this idea or maybe he was just having a lend of me. All the spots that we went to were very dry but it was still worth seeing them. It is getting very hot at the moment as so it’s hard going unless it’s first thing in the morning. Whilst at Windjana Gorge I was lucky enough to be able to photograph a pair of Brolgas. Tunnel Creek was amazing and to think that this whole area is filled with water in the wet is hard to believe
31st NOVEMBER
We were well on our way now although I was still debating within myself if I had the right thing I was in better spirits. Going the long way to Broome meant that I could stay on Bitumen almost the whole way apart from the section into Tunnel Creek and Windjana Gorge which bought me back out on to the last section of the Gibb river rd which was really good any way. We stopped at the Bungles in Rob’s car, Geike Gorge, Tunnel Creek and Windjana Gorge on the way through to Broome from Kununurra. I was worried about my bike getting full of dirt on the last leg from Fitzroy crossing to Derby and so I thought I would try an idea that was suggested to me by the bike shop owner in Darwin. I wrapped the bike in glad wrap and then taped it up and hoped that it would hold but it didn’t work. He obviously hadn’t been on any serious dirt roads using this idea or maybe he was just having a lend of me. All the spots that we went to were very dry but it was still worth seeing them. It is getting very hot at the moment as so it’s hard going unless it’s first thing in the morning. Whilst at Windjana Gorge I was lucky enough to be able to photograph a pair of Brolgas. Tunnel Creek was amazing and to think that this whole area is filled with water in the wet is hard to believe
No comments:
Post a Comment