Sunday, September 16, 2007

CHLOE THE POOL PLAYING DOG





CHLOE THE POOL PLAYING DOG

Chloe is a bit of a legend here at Home Valley with the tourists. I will never forget the first time I lobbed in to check the place out and saw her at the pool table. I thought to myself I am going to photograph that dog at some stage. She is obsessed with watching the balls being hit and often tries to grab one off the table while you’re playing. She will always be at the opposite side of the table to whoever is shooting a shot waiting and watching mainly but every now and then she will try and grab one that gets close.

Now that it’s getting very quiet out here I decided it was time to photograph her and set up the shot. This was an extremely hard shot to shoot because of the length of the table and the background clutter on three sides. I really needed to use a reflector above the table but Chloe was put off by it and so I had to use a more direct flash. It took me a while to get what I wanted as you can only control animals to a certain degree. I ended up coming halfway up the table with the camera and had to experiment at what height looked best to take the best shot and had someone else hold the pool cue in the shot. It’s always fun and challenging trying something new especially when it works.

No comments: