1st September
The build up
As it starts to get hotter out here the build up to the wet becomes a reality. I still have no idea what I am doing after Home Valley. It looks like I may be here until the end of the month as I don’t have anything else to go to yet and may as well stay here until close on the 30th. This is when home valley actually closes to the tourists. Its getting very quiet now with not much work to do and I am grateful as its getting very hot about 35 every day. The humidity has not started yet and I am not looking forward to it. I am going to try and get a job in an office or at least in air-conditioning so I last the distance. I have a few options at the moment but I think I will stay in the east Kimberley for the wet so I can shoot off at the start of next season and do the rest of the Kimberley and the Pilbera area. But inevitably where ever I am I can come back so its not really a huge concern. I am fairly certain I will be heading to Darwin for a week after finishing here for a bit of R&R and to do Litchfield National Park on the way, I may end up staying there if I like it and can get work. I think I will play it by ear. Yesterday Belinda and pete left to head up to Darwin and then on to Queensland where home is. They will both be missed as Pete was our chef and I worked with Belinda in House keeping. That now leaves me in charge of house keeping out here with one other person who has just started today. We now have a quad bike to use around the station and it has been a god send and a lot of fun.
The build up
As it starts to get hotter out here the build up to the wet becomes a reality. I still have no idea what I am doing after Home Valley. It looks like I may be here until the end of the month as I don’t have anything else to go to yet and may as well stay here until close on the 30th. This is when home valley actually closes to the tourists. Its getting very quiet now with not much work to do and I am grateful as its getting very hot about 35 every day. The humidity has not started yet and I am not looking forward to it. I am going to try and get a job in an office or at least in air-conditioning so I last the distance. I have a few options at the moment but I think I will stay in the east Kimberley for the wet so I can shoot off at the start of next season and do the rest of the Kimberley and the Pilbera area. But inevitably where ever I am I can come back so its not really a huge concern. I am fairly certain I will be heading to Darwin for a week after finishing here for a bit of R&R and to do Litchfield National Park on the way, I may end up staying there if I like it and can get work. I think I will play it by ear. Yesterday Belinda and pete left to head up to Darwin and then on to Queensland where home is. They will both be missed as Pete was our chef and I worked with Belinda in House keeping. That now leaves me in charge of house keeping out here with one other person who has just started today. We now have a quad bike to use around the station and it has been a god send and a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment