
BUSHFIRE
8TH SEPTEMBER
At about 9pm I walked out the back of our accommodation blocks and saw the fire raging the other side of the waterhole. I decided to go down to where we swim and see if it was worth a look. The fire was right up on the edge of the hill and reflecting into the waterhole. You could see it burning for miles up the hill also. It looks spectacular at night. There are no fire fighters out here the fires are just left to burn. They do a lot of back burning through the Kimberly constantly to prevent fires from getting out of control.
8TH SEPTEMBER
At about 9pm I walked out the back of our accommodation blocks and saw the fire raging the other side of the waterhole. I decided to go down to where we swim and see if it was worth a look. The fire was right up on the edge of the hill and reflecting into the waterhole. You could see it burning for miles up the hill also. It looks spectacular at night. There are no fire fighters out here the fires are just left to burn. They do a lot of back burning through the Kimberly constantly to prevent fires from getting out of control.
No comments:
Post a Comment