Monday, July 23, 2007

RECAP ON EL QUESTRO GORGE






RECAP ON EL QUESTRO GORGE

This was my favourite walk and the hardest. There is a large water crossing which is chest deep full of fish which await eagerly to be fed some bread and then you have to navigate your way up the side of the cliff between a huge boulder. It’s a bit tricky in this spot and made harder with camera gear. I took an extra pair of shoes (my crocs) which are great in the water as the rocks are sharp walking through the water crossing and held my pack over my head. I did two trips over as I had to take the tripod and my shoes over first and then come back for the pack as together they were just too heavy to hold over my head and send me off balance. The terrain gets harder as you go in and you are climbing through little waterfalls and then up the side of a larger fall towards the end (picture attached) but this decreases the number of people that go all the way to the end where the best spot is. I love it in there. The second time in and I got some even better shots than the first. I have attached some snaps of the terrain you are climbing over but didn’t get a shot of the water crossing as there were too many people there on my way back and I didn’t want to stop. This walk is about a 3 hour walk return if your fit and dont stop for a swim.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work mate. Glad your employed again! Look forward to next installment..

Julie Fletcher said...

Thanks Rob! Theres no shortage of work out here but there is definately a shortage of accomodation.