Thursday, July 12, 2007

CATCHING UP WITH FRIENDS

11th JULY

PETER AND JUDITH AND DAVID AND BEV

Last night I caught up with my friends from the Bungles Peter and Judith and had dinner with them and today I received a call from David and Bev the couple I met at the Painted desert and then bumped into again recently in Mataranka Hot Springs. We all keep in touch and so I new they were both heading this way but I was worried I may have already gone out to El Questro by the time they arrived and miss both couples. The timing has been great and I will be having lunch with David and Bev tomorrow before heading out to El Questro. i also receive a call from my internet friend Kim who i have never actually spoken to before which was a nice surprise. He is a lot like me in his thinking and we started discussing life on the phone and how its so hard to fit in to society if your a little different or just dont want to conform.

People often ask me if i get lonely travelling alone or if i miss Sydney and my reply is that i felt more alone in Sydey than i ever have out here. I have met so many incredible people and made so many friends on my journey so far how could i possibly miss Sydney. I guess i just didnt feel i ever fit in that what they call the "normal lifestyle" and the tedious 9 to 5 job and the house and 2 kids scenario. Not that i think that this is bad. Each to thier own its just not for me.

No comments: