Monday, July 23, 2007

HOME VALLEY







July 22nd
The next morning after shooting for a while at first light I had some brekkie sitting by the crossing when a car came through and stopped. It was in the deep section of the water and the 2 guys that were in the car got out and were wondering around looking lost. Then a tour bus pulled up on my side and wondered what was going on with them and yelled out to them. They had stalled the vehicle and were stuck. The tour bus then proceeded to tow them out. Meanwhile I was sitting and watching all the commotion eating my breakfast. (Photos attached). I headed further along the Gibb about 10km to a place called home valley and went in for a look. The road is as rough as guts out this far. This place was not as pretty as El Questro but it had a lot of old stuff around that I liked. I decided to ask about work and spoke to the manager Sarah who told me they were looking for a housekeeper. She showed me around the place and I decided to think about whether I wanted to stay for a few weeks in this spot and left her with a reference check from Ayers Rock and came back into town. On the way back through the crossing the Ford Territory was still there and they still couldn’t start the thing. I stopped as I went past and told them to get a Suzuki and get rid of the Ford they had. I couldn’t resist a dig at them. These tourists I don’t know!!!
Ok do I want to move further on or stay at this end of the Kimberley for a few more weeks. Well my funds are looking pretty dismal at the moment and they pay well at Home Valley and I am still pretty close to town where I can check my emails and follow up any business and I was still waiting for this bloody bike wheel to arrive in Kununurra so I decided to take the job if it was offered. In the meantime I decided to go back down to Ivanhoe crossing to stay the night.

No comments: