Thursday, February 14, 2008

NOISY CRICKET

11 FEB

NOISY CRICKET

Isle 3 health and beauty is my isle at woollies for night fill. It is also home to a very noisy cricket that has been driving me bloody crazy for the last 2 weeks. Cedric who lives in the tampons section constantly goes off from the start of my shift to the finish. When I get to the tampons to fill that area of the shelves he shuts up so I get peace for about 15 minutes if I’m lucky. If its not frogs it bloody crickets. I can’t win. I am hoping he will get bored in my isle and move on to annoy someone else in another isle but I fear he has set up home and wont budge any time soon. How the hell can something so small be so damn noisy? My friend Craig told me about his cricket problems a while ago first outside and then in his bedroom which was keeping him awake. He ended up tracking down the location the noise was coming from but as soon as you get close to the source the noise stops so he could not find the cricket and every time he went back to lay down the thing would start up again. It was in his bedside draw somewhere. Tired and frustrated he ended up moving the drawers into the lounge for the night so he could get some sleep. Now I can understand why and I don’t think I should have laughed so much when he was telling me the story.

No comments: