Sunday, March 30, 2008

DIRTY GIRL!!!






CAPE LEVEQUE EASTER LONG WEEKEND

SUNDAY 23RD

DIRTY GIRL

Well on my way home now and back in the dirt I noticed the dark ominous clouds ahead in the distance not thinking too much of it until the road turned into a river. I put Suzie in 4WD and pulled up just before the worst of it and wondered if I should continue on or head back. There was obviously a heavy rainfall just before I reached here and it was literally like a river. What the hell I thought I was up for it. The worst that could happen is that I was going to get bogged for the night or until someone came along to help get me out. I went for it and was slipping and sliding all over the place at one stage almost ended up pointing in the opposite direction. Once I realised I had to slow right down and just keep a steady pace I was pretty right and was enjoying the fun of it. Needless to say my car was covered in red pindan mud and every so often I would hit a deeper hole and the mud and water would come over the bonnet and windscreen and I was blinded for a few seconds. This river went for about 25 to 30km before I was able to stop and get the shot I have attached. Imagine the whole road like what you see in the right hand side of the photo. It dried up after this for the last few km and then I was back on bitumen and heading into Broome. I arrived back in Broome at about 7.30pm. I should have washed my car straight away but left it for another 2 days. I spent $10 on a high pressure hose which hardly made a dent in the dirt and then went home and spent another 2 hours trying to get off the dirt and stains. I have to cut and polish it now as I cannot get the stains off, what a nightmare. Then theirs the inside to do….mmmmmm .

ALL UP A GREAT WEEKEND AND MORE IMAGES ON WEBSITE SHORTLY

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had had a look your blog, I am amazed you got through that wet road, if it had been Bourke in NSW with the red soil you would have still been stuck. I got stuck in it once, there is not traction at all, just like glass.
Then it gets sloppy and you sink forever.

Hope you have a great time on that boat cruising the Kimberly coast, I am so jealous. That is one of my dream trips, fishing over there and seeing the coast and getting a chance to go hunting as well. There are a lot of ferrals up that way. You watch out for crocs while up there as well, they don't care who you are while they chew on you.

Cheers Peter

Julie Fletcher said...

AHHH SUZIE WILL GET THROUGH ANYTHING…….THE TROUPIE IN FRONT OF ME WAS HAVING ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT
IF YOU’RE NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOU’RE NOT LIVING!!!!

Anonymous said...

TO ADD TO THAT COMMENT YOU MADE PETE ABOUT THERE BEING A LOT OF FERRALS OUT HERE I WOULD DEFINATELY AGREE BUT I AM TALKING ABOUT THE ONES WITH TWO LEGS AND I THINK YOU MEAN THE VARIETY WITH FOUR.

Anonymous said...

You have mentioned to me that the men up there are neanderthalls and have callouses on their knuckles and when i asked why you said they walk around on the backs of their hands.Well wernt we in stitches on the phone over that.
Your such a naughty girl with a sick sense of humour!!! But i luv it.

BIG SLOPPY KISS FROM
ONE OF YOUR FAV'S PAULIE XX