Saturday, April 5, 2008

IM SO EXCITED AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT!!!!!




Sat 5th March

IM SO EXCITED AND I JUST CANT HIDE IT……………………..

Pics above are of the Port area of Broome……

The last few weeks have been crazy, looking for work here in Broome, changing jobs, and again and and all the while still looking for work in remote locations, first choice being the Pilbera area. Since leaving my 3 jobs which I had for 3 months I have been working in the new target store for a few weeks setting up the store ready for opening day which was Thursday 3rd. The Tuesday after Easter I started working in an office job in town which is were I currently am. My friend Craig gave me the lead to this job and it has been a nice change to be back in an office again although I have been thrown in the deep end with next to no training I am coping well and happy enough. I have only committed to working here for a month as I am ready to leave now for the Pilbera. I am well and truly over Broome or so I thought. I have actively been looking for work for about 5 weeks now away from Broome always having an open mind.

An opportunity presented itself last week as the office next door to where I am working is a boat tour office which had a notice in the window looking for a person to work on the boat for the season. I decided to follow it up as I had already approached to 2 larger companies which were fully staffed for the season as I left it a little late. I now have a job on a cruise catamaran which sails from Broome to Wyndham on a 14 day trip. This cruise follows the coastline of some of the most beautiful and spectacular scenery the Kimberley offers and that you will ever see. People pay $12,000 to do this trip and now I will be getting paid to do it. My first trip leaves on the 26 April. I will be on a boat for 2 weeks at a time and in Broome for 2 weeks. 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Whilst on the boat I will be working of course but once I have finished my work I am free to get off the boat with the passengers and go for a bush walk to a waterfall and go swimming take photos or just kick back and relax. I may also get the opportunity to go up in a helicopter over Mitchell falls Plateau if I am lucky as this is normally just for the tourists. I am really excited about this opportunity as this is going to be amazing. I will get to see and go through the horizontal Waterfall and places like Twin Falls as well as seeing crocodiles, whales, turtles and lots of fish. I am also looking forward to meeting and getting to know the people on board the cruises. Mostly older couples do these trips, well travelled people that are generally friendly and want to get to know the staff who are looking after them. I look forward to hearing their stories, making friends and learning from them. I have just bought myself a little waterproof camera so I can go snorkelling and gets some pics under the water and in the waterfalls. It has a video function on it as well so I am going to have some fun with that on the first trip out. I am still reading the instruction manual and god it’s doing my head in. The good part about the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off is that I can still go into the Pilbera and Coral Bay and see everything I want to see and when I’m not travelling I will be picking up extra work in town or maybe even temping for Michelle my current boss depending on what she wants to do. Anyway this is the news I was waiting to hear about last week. I have attached a link to their website so you check out where I will be going. I will even get to do the whole Gibb river road as I believe that once we get off the boat at Wyndam there will be someone there to take us back to Broome. Cant wait …cant wait… cant wait……..this is the most excited I have been since I left Sydney.

http://kimberleycruise.com.au/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MI GOD JULZ YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN YOUR ELEMENT OUT THERE. CANT WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT THE FIRST TRIP AND SEE SOME PICS. YOU GO GIRL!!!

BIG HUG AND KISS FROM ME