Sunday, March 30, 2008

WHAT A LOSER!!










FRI 21ST

Cape Leveque Easer Long Weekend



WHAT A LOSER!!!
Once the sun had gone right down I headed back to camp for something to eat and a shower. When I got back there were people everywhere. I was the only one camping on my own and I felt like a real loser. Camped right next to me were a couple of girls I had spoken to back at the church and they said hello to me as I was coming back from the shower. I ended up going over to their camp and drinking green ginger wine with them for a couple of hours and talking about photography, life, travel and where they had come from. Sandra and Charmaine are from Melbourne and are now working in Fitzroy Crossing which is where Giekie Gorge is about 4 hours away from Broome not far at all for this neck of the woods. They are enjoying it out there and plan to stay on for a few years at this stage. People are screaming for workers out in these remote locations and normally supply accommodation as well. Keep it in mind if you think you can hack it. Personally I think the more remote locations are better than the bigger towns. You make friends more quickly and get invited and included in everything where as I have found here in Broome to be the loneliest I have ever felt since I left Sydney and I am ready to leave but more about that later. Hence being on my own here at Cape Leveque. Anyway I was getting quite pissed on this wine and decided I should stop other wise I would be nursing a massive headache in the morning. I said goodnight and went back to my tent and tried to sleep but it was just too hot and sticky. I lay there all night roasting in my own juices and had minimal sleep. There was not a breath of wind.


No comments: