Thursday, October 4, 2007

SHOP TIL YOU DROP

28th September
SHOP TIL YOU DROP
I was up early for obvious reasons and had a shower and was already scratching myself silly from the sand fly invasion the night before. I have them all over my legs and arms and they are 10 times worse than mosquito bites. I packed my stuff up and headed for the city to have a look around. I parked on the esplanade and went for a walk through the parklands which has a great walking track from one end of it to the other and overlooks the ocean. It’s really pretty down there and full of trees and vegetation. It was very humid and hot but the humidity is what gets you. The sky was full of clouds and looked threatening but there was no rain. Once I had finished my walk I went to a cafĂ© and had a huge breakfast and then I was off to the shopping centre called Casurina which is about a 15minute drive from the city. I walked in and thought I had died and gone to heaven, clothes heaven that is!!! I was like a kid in a candy store and didn’t know where to begin. I looked at my list again for about the 20th time and started to work my way from the top. Repair shoes, keys cut, alterations, perfume, bikini, underwear, dress, tops, shorts, gym gear, camera shop, bike shop, computer shop, I was all over the shop.
I was in that complex all day and totally knackered by the end of it. By this time I decided to get backpackers accommodation in the City so I would be comfortable and close to the shops in there and away from the sandflies. Once I had found a place to stay I had a shower put my new threads on and went out to get some dinner in town looking sharp.

No comments: