Thursday, October 4, 2007

DAY 3 DARWIN




30th SEPTEMBER
DAY 3 DARWIN
Another walk this morning than breakfast by the water and then yep you guessed it more shopping but in town this time. I decided today that I was not staying in Darwin although it’s a great little city it’s still a city and I would not save any money here with all this temptation around. I was heading back to Kununurra for the wet. I did everything I needed to do and then some and now it was time to go back. At lunchtime I headed to Litchfield National park. When I arrived at Litchfield I soon realized that I was not staying 2 days as I had planned. It was crowded with kids and bus tours and not my cup of tea at all. I decided to have a quick look at all the waterfalls and then leave with a view to come back through the wet season when everything is flowing at its best. It’s spectacular through here and definitely worth a visit. I left in the afternoon with a view to find a camping spot for the night somewhere quiet. When I arrived at Adelaide River there was a tourist drive route that went through Daly Waters. I headed down this road and not far in found a sign to a waterfall and turned in to investigate. It was really pretty down here and quiet and was right on a creek so I decided to stay here the night. Just after I set my tent up a fancy bright yellow motorcycle pulled in with a trailer and he went further down the track. Later when I went to find the waterfall I had a chat to the owner Daniel who had been working at Batchelor for the season. He has been travelling for many years and didn’t really know where he was heading next. We talked about where we had been and he suggested a couple of places in Litchfield that I should go to off the beaten track. Anyway after our chat I went back to make some dinner have a swim in the beautiful George creek (no crocs here check out the photos) and then start a camp fire. In the morning it was back to Kununurra.

No comments: