27TH September
HEADING TO DARWIN
As I head off to Darwin today I have one thing in mind shopping. I have not seen a shopping centre since I left Sydney and am keen to give the card a bit of a workout. I have a huge list of things to buy and do when I arrive. I may stay there for a while and work but this is subject to a change of mind depending on how I like the town and the work situation. Its 850km to Darwin from Kununurra and I am doing it in a day only stopping at Katherine for a lunch break. By the time I arrived in Darwin it was late afternoon and I was tired. I made sure I found the shopping centre before it got dark so I could go first thing in the morning and then I booked into a caravan park for the night. Big mistake….. huge…..the park was right on the Stuart Highway so I had road trains going past all night. I was attacked by sand flies and mossies and it was so humid I was roasting in my own juices. Basically I got no sleep and felt like shit in the morning but this was not going to put a dampener on my day……. nooo way.
No comments:
Post a Comment