





15th August
DANS ME MAN
It was a little cooler last week mid to high 20’s and this week its climbed back up into the 30’s again and I am feeling it!!! I finished work early today and Cyril promised me we would go for a horse ride. I went over the Stables to see if he was ready to about 3pm and he sent me back over to the office to let Jane know what we were doing, when I got back to the stable Cyril and another 2 guys had put a saddle on a calf and told me that this was what I was riding…the shit heads….well we all cracked up laughing and dared one of the guys to jump aboard but he wouldn’t. Any way we set off to catch the horses in a paddock just down the road and could only catch 1 of them as the others all took off. I ended up riding on my own but Cyril went ahead and took a few photos of me and we met down at the Bush camp which is about 5 km from the homestead. Dan was the old horse that I rode and he was quiet but had a mouth as hard as rock. He has seen better days and I took it pretty easy on him but still went for a canter in a few places along the tracks. It was great being back on a horse again as I owned my own horse for many years before I left Adelaide to go to Sydney.
I have started having a bit more of a look around at the local spots and have been swimming in Rock hole pool with Cyril and been back the last couple of evenings photographing it. I took the tinnie out the other evening and went for a boat trip up Bindoola Waterhole on my own. It’s quite a short distance from one end to the other but it is really nice and relaxing just cruising up and down. I parked up at the Rockhole end and got off with the cameras and took some shots up to the other end of the waterhole its about 500 metres in total from one end to the other. This evening I just walked in to the Rockhole Pool on a local track and got a few more shots after I got back from the horse ride. It’s a really nice spot. At the moment Mark the local tour guide here is trying to catch a few fresh water crocs at this spot for the Outback Jack show that is still being filmed out here. I have no idea what they are going to do with them.
DANS ME MAN
It was a little cooler last week mid to high 20’s and this week its climbed back up into the 30’s again and I am feeling it!!! I finished work early today and Cyril promised me we would go for a horse ride. I went over the Stables to see if he was ready to about 3pm and he sent me back over to the office to let Jane know what we were doing, when I got back to the stable Cyril and another 2 guys had put a saddle on a calf and told me that this was what I was riding…the shit heads….well we all cracked up laughing and dared one of the guys to jump aboard but he wouldn’t. Any way we set off to catch the horses in a paddock just down the road and could only catch 1 of them as the others all took off. I ended up riding on my own but Cyril went ahead and took a few photos of me and we met down at the Bush camp which is about 5 km from the homestead. Dan was the old horse that I rode and he was quiet but had a mouth as hard as rock. He has seen better days and I took it pretty easy on him but still went for a canter in a few places along the tracks. It was great being back on a horse again as I owned my own horse for many years before I left Adelaide to go to Sydney.
I have started having a bit more of a look around at the local spots and have been swimming in Rock hole pool with Cyril and been back the last couple of evenings photographing it. I took the tinnie out the other evening and went for a boat trip up Bindoola Waterhole on my own. It’s quite a short distance from one end to the other but it is really nice and relaxing just cruising up and down. I parked up at the Rockhole end and got off with the cameras and took some shots up to the other end of the waterhole its about 500 metres in total from one end to the other. This evening I just walked in to the Rockhole Pool on a local track and got a few more shots after I got back from the horse ride. It’s a really nice spot. At the moment Mark the local tour guide here is trying to catch a few fresh water crocs at this spot for the Outback Jack show that is still being filmed out here. I have no idea what they are going to do with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment