RELOCATION
28TH DEC
I came home from work around 8.30pm and it was pouring. This was the first big rain we have had here the start of the wet season is upon us now. With that as I found out comes very noisy frogs. As I settled in my room to watch a DVD I couldn’t bloody here it because I had a frog making a racquet out side my window somewhere. I thought maybe it would get tired and stop but nooo it kept right on going. When it was time to go to bed I tried to sleep through it but it was impossible.
Right that was it id had a gut full and decided I was going out into the yard to find the feral little beast that was intent on keeping me awake all night long.
I grabbed a saucepan from out of the kitchen and went outside to where the noise was coming from. Aha I found him and proceeded to catch the large green frog and put it in the saucepan. I went back inside to get my car keys and some shoes on and no sooner had I got the shoes on I heard the same noise outside my window. Shit there was more of them out there but how many more I thought. There could be 100 of them out there. Well I had to go and see if I could find them. I grabbed my torch and a Tupperware container and went back out side. I searched for a while in the bushes and finally I found a group of 3 of them together and hoped that this was all there was. I grabbed the first one without to much trouble but then the others took off in different directions and I was running around trying to catch number 2 and make sure number 3 didn’t get away. I finally caught the second one and stuck him in the container with the other one which almost got out when I opened the lid. I decided I needed another container for the last one which was now onto me and didn’t want a bar of getting caught and was hiding under a pipe. I used a plastic bag which I laid in the path of the frog and coaxed him into jumping out of his hiding spot and straight into the bag. Ingenious I thought!!!
Well now I had all 3 of them and the first one was inside in the saucepan well so I thought. I walked inside and the frog was gone. It had lifted the lid off of the saucepan and got out. Cheeky little shit was now somewhere in the lounge room. It didn’t take long to find him but he was not as easy to catch this time round and had me running around all over the lounge room floor working up a sweat.
Once I caught him I put them all in the car and drove down the street to an area of bush land and let them all out. Good rid dons I thought and hoped there were no more out there when I returned.
The night was peaceful again and no more frogs……. for now anyhow.
4 comments:
HAPPY NEW YEAR :)
Julz
Happy New Year, may it be the best ever.
You and your strange bed time rituals, you had me in stiches at the thought of you tracking down those frogs in the rain. Your journey has been fun for me too.
As I always say
Take care
Hermann
Yes it was pretty funny. it could only happen to me!!!! I have no more trouble with frogs at the moment.
Hi Julie, I started to read your blogs and you have me hooked i had no idea that you are so in depth and such an interesting person.I will keep reading your blogs when you submit them have fun.
James
Post a Comment