Thursday, January 3, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!




HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
1ST JAN

The above pictures were taken on new years day. I was up at 5.30am to get these images which were taken near the Port in a very secluded area of Broome. There is a dirt track into the cliffs and from there you can walk down onto the beach. It is full of mangrove trees and at the right tides looks amazing.

Eleven months have now passed since I left Sydney and wow what a journey it has been. I have seen some amazing places and met some amazing people along the way and most recently I have been down to my last $5 with no job and a car that needed registering. As I sit here on New Years Day and contemplate the things I have done and people I have met I feel fortunate. This is a dedication to all my new friends that I have met on the road and have helped me in one way or another and without them the journey would not have been half as enjoyable as it has been. There are more but these are the few that I struck up a special friendship with and have proved themselves to be amazing people.

Harry and Maureen (Ormiston Gorge) West McDonald Ranges. Thanks for putting me up and feeding me. You’re a mad couple!! Lots of fun.
Derek (Alice Springs) thanks for fixing me car and putting me up for the night.
Hermann (Ayers Rock) thanks for many a conversation and cups of tea in the camp ground.
Susan (Ayers Rock) thanks for making me welcome and showing me around.
Naomi and Rob (Ayers Rock) thanks for everything guys. You’re a great couple.
Christine, Beatrice, Joohee, Nami (Ayers rock) thanks for the great Korean food and the fun at work and the gifts when I left. I will never forget you all.
Jo (Ayers Rock Resort) thanks for being my coffee buddy and all the dinners and great conversation. I wont forget our trip to Kings Canyon and the spa. I hope we can do it again one day.
Alice (Ayers Rock Resort) thanks for the great hair cut and conversation. You’re the best
Ian (Ayers Rock resort) thanks for making me feel welcome, having an open door and fixing my computer.
Craig (William Creek Café) thanks for the great coffee and information mate.
Bev and David (Painted Desert, Mataranka, Kununurra) struth!! your guys are everywhere!! Thanks for the great info you gave me and breakfast and the battery and CD’s and conversation.
Rob and Maxine (Kununurra) thanks for everything you guys did for me. I appreciate it very much.
Greg and Lee (Kununurra) thanks for giving me a hard time Greg….Luv you guys.
Peter and Judith (El Questro) thanks for being the parents I never had.
Craig (Home Valley) thanks for everything and thanks for challenging me taking the time to get to know me.
Belinda (Home Valley) thanks for making me feel welcome and all the laughs we had at work.
Janneke (Home Valley) thanks for all the deep and meaningful conversations, fun and videos we made.

Love to you all and to my friends in Sydney that I left behind who are definitely not forgotten.
I hope the New Year brings you all health and happiness and remember don’t get to busy making a living that you forget to make a life.




No comments: